Thursday, March 20, 2008

Window doesn't change when I click Restore symbol

Question: When I click the Restore button, my window doesn’t change. It’s still filling the screen.
Answer: This happened because while you were in the Restored view, you resized the window to fill the screen—instead of clicking on the Maximize button, which is what you should have done to make the window fill the screen.

To fix it, click the Restore button and resize the window back to the size and location you want (not filling the screen). Now every time you click Restore, the window will be restored to this new size and location—even if you close the window, and then open it again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

my restore option is giving the same result as minimization for one document... therefore I am not able to re-size (restore) the window. Its either maximum or minimum!! What should I do?

Stephie Smith said...

The reason I ask for an email address is so that I can answer you directly if I have questions. But I will post the questions here since you didn't supply an address and hope that you get them. When you say it's the same result as minimization for one document, what do you mean? That it only shows on the Taskbar and nowhere else? First, make sure it isn't hiding on your desktop. Click the Restore button on the Window, then right-click on the Taskbar and arrange the windows by cascading, tiling, or whatever to see all windows on the Desktop. If it shows up on the Desktop, then resize it to a larger size and that will be the new Restore size. If it doesn't show up on the Desktop, something more serious is wrong. Without know what type of file it is, I can't speculate. If you remember a time when it appeared correctly, you can restore your system to that date. If it is a system problem causing this, it will be gone.

Anonymous said...

This an issue that I am having. The OS is taking a real long time to minimize or send to the task bar. It also takes a long time to bring it back. Please send any information you might have to wildelmontano333@yahoo.com